PureWeb is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers and partners. The Solutions Architect plays a critical role in helping ensure that we deliver and support solutions that meet the specific needs of customers and partners. Effective engagements will help drive new and recurring revenue, as well as providing feedback to product and technical teams on product features and functionality from the perspective of the customer or partner. The role will collaborate very closely with multiple teams, especially sales and development, as well as technical and business contacts at customers and partners, and will work with all PureWeb products.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Services, or designate, and working within the Services group, this role requires a very technically strong team member who can define and deliver technical engagements with partners and customers, and requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. This includes participating in pre-sales calls and on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, diagnosing and correcting performance problems, and proposing and delivering innovative solutions
The role will also be responsible for delivering custom solution engagements that address customer requirements, including understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution and overseeing implementation. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, the Service Consultant will also be responsible for internally-facing support including RFP responses, trade show technical support, and potentially, test environment management.
As a member of the Services group, the role will also participate in technical support, training and managed services delivery.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. You may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties as required.
● Aid in the development of services that are part of our PaaS and SaaS offerings
● Improving deployment, efficiency, reliability, security and scalability of these services
● Troubleshooting issues specific to client environments and our products
● Assist the team in product deployment and automation
● Creating and modifying Knowledge Base (KB) content
● Deploying, monitoring and maintaining internal and external systems
● Tuning installed products for required performance and scalability targets
● Participating in on-call rotation
● Taking part in planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical diploma preferred
● Knowledge in Linux and Windows server system administration
● Ability to troubleshoot applications on Mac OS X, iOS and Android OS devices, and web browsers
● Experience with virtualization and cloud computing technologies is an asset
● An effective team player with exceptional communication skills
● Willing to learn new concepts and technologies
● Understanding of basic scripting for simple task automation is an asset
● Decision making skills necessary to take proactive steps to generate results
● Knowledge in virtualization on different platforms such as ESXi, AWS, Google cloud and Alibaba Cloud an asset
● Knowledge in Network LoadBalancing (NLB) an asset
This position requires the candidate be able to travel on an as needed basis, with the understanding that travel will be shared among the service staff where possible.
If this Solutions Architect role sounds like you, please apply in confidence with your resume and cover letter/message directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this position, PureWeb may apply to various government funding wage subsidy programs, including but not limited to Alberta Jobs Now (AB residents) and Digital Skills for Youth (BC residents).