PureWeb is looking for several Software Development Interns to join our teams building our PureWeb Reality and ResolutionMD products. Do you want to work on products that get used by thousands of people every day? Are you interested in learning the tools, technologies and practices that go into making cutting edge technology solutions? Then you might be a great fit for our team!
What You’ll Be Working On
PureWeb is focused on building interactive streaming solutions for a variety of use cases. We have two core products: PureWeb Reality, a real-time interactive cloud streaming platform for interactive content creators using the Unreal and Unity engines, and ResolutionMD, an award winning mobile visualization platform for healthcare professionals. Both of these products have large and growing user bases who push our technology to be the best it can possibly be.
Regardless of which team you join, you’ll be working with a cross functional team of experts, including Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Product Managers. As a member of the team you will contribute to the core products through regular code contributions, as well as support product quality by supporting Quality Assurance team members in trying to test (i.e. break) our products.
You’ll receive extensive hands-on experience, continuous learning opportunities and regular mentorship from senior team members.
- Develop and maintain your team’s product through both new feature development as well as bug fixes.
- Contribute to design at both the feature and system level.
- Support QA team members in both manual and automated testing of the product.
- Always be learning!
- Enrolled in a post secondary degree program with either a co-op or an internship component lasting 12 to 16 months in the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- A passion for learning and a collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
Experience with any of the following is a big plus:
- Agile software development
- Git / GitHub
- Amazon Web Services
- Unreal Engine / Unity Engine
- React, Angular
We’re unleashing interactive 3D applications to any device, anywhere in the world. When we started doing this fifteen years ago, we were laser focused on healthcare and helping doctors securely share 3D medical images.
We’ve since expanded our scope to other industries, like automotive, manufacturing, AEC, and more, but we’re incredibly grateful for where we started. Serving the healthcare industry fused important traits into our company’s DNA: respect for high quality 3D graphics, a commitment to data security, and a focus on creating a globally reliable and accessible streaming service.
The result is a rigorously tried and tested distribution platform designed to help companies across industries collaborate, publish, and engage global audiences with their interactive 3D applications. We’re entering a new stage of enterprise streaming technology, where realistic, immersive, and interactive experiences will take center stage - in e-commerce, in online learning, in customer support, and beyond.
The worlds of high-fidelity 3D graphics and cloud computing are colliding, and we’re building the tools to help today’s creators and innovators make the most of it.
Why You’ll Love it Here:
- Be a key influencer and driver in bringing to market ground-breaking technology that’s at the forefront of deploying interactive streaming experiences to the browser
- Fast-paced, performance-driven culture
If this Internship sounds exciting to you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to email@example.com, with Software Developer Intern in the subject line.
As part of this position, PureWeb may apply to various government funding wage subsidy programs, including but not limited to Alberta Jobs Now (AB residents) and Digital Skills for Youth (BC residents).