We are looking for multiple highly motivated, team-oriented Senior Software Developers. Are you passionate about producing high-quality products, have an innate desire for continual learning and a flair for finding creative ways of solving the challenges of developing products that leverage a wide stack of technologies?
The Senior Software Developer position involves hands-on software development and leading teams and projects.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated, possess excellent judgment and have a flair for finding creative ways of solving hard problems. Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success in leading software teams, as well as delivering new features and products. Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team is a plus.
What You’ll Be Working On
PureWeb Reality (https://www.pureweb.com/reality) is a fully-managed elastic cloud-based publication and streaming platform for games built on the Unreal and Unity game engines. As a member of the PureWeb Reality team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of product features. The work will range from improving our plugin integration with different game engines, to new functionality in our web client, to the development of an entirely new system for automating the ingestion and processing of game files. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- Provide leadership for the development team and mentorship for junior team members.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key product features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Collaborate with product management team to envision and scope sustainable technology solutions to meet future business requirements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years experience developing high-performance & scalable web applications.
- Strong understanding of web browser capabilities.
- Experience with AWS APIs and services is a plus.
- Experience working with popular game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a major plus.
- Experience leading software teams and mentoring other software developers.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience defining the technical strategy to meet long-term business objectives.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
PureWeb is a Calgary-based advanced software company with a broad portfolio of in-revenue technologies, a global user-base and multiple strategic partners. With an established market segment, the company is poised to expand into new market segments and a next stage of growth.
PureWeb’s patented smart streaming technology enables anyone to publish, collaborate and interact with massive data files, including photo real 3D simulations and game engine projects. It deploys this on any cloud or hardware device without coding, moving or copying the source data. Our smart streaming technology is scalable and efficient, providing superior access while protecting the security of your data.
Why You’ll Love it Here:
- Be a key influencer and driver in bringing to market ground-breaking technology that’s at the forefront of deploying interactive streaming experiences to the browser
- Fast-paced, performance-driven culture
- Meet your “rocks”? Get it, got it, good!
If this senior developer role sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to firstname.lastname@example.org