Full-time, remote within Canada, optionally in-person in Calgary or Vancouver.
PureWeb is looking for a leadership oriented Senior Software Developer to help take our interactive game streaming platform, PureWeb Reality, to the next level. Do you love hard problems around cloud-scalability, distributed systems, and user experience? Are you excited about working in and enhancing DevOps culture? Then you might be a great fit for our team!
Reporting to the Technical Team Manager for PureWeb Reality (or their surrogate), the Senior Software Developer position involves hands-on software development. The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated, possess excellent judgment and have a flair for finding creative ways of solving hard problems. Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team is a plus.
What You’ll Be Working On
PureWeb Reality is a fully-managed elastic cloud-based publication and streaming platform for games built on the Unreal and Unity game engines. As a member of the PureWeb Reality team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core platform product features. The work will range from front-end development on our user-facing developer console, to back-end systems design on our agent-based computing platform, to plugin development on our Unreal and Unity Engine plugins. You will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
We do most of our work in TypeScript, on top of a huge assortment of AWS services like IoT, AppSync, Lambda and DynamoDB. If you’re an expert in these areas, or are excited to become one, we want to hear from you.
- Provide leadership for the development team and mentorship for junior team members.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key product features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to envision and scope sustainable technology solutions to meet future business requirements.
- Implement and champion DevOps culture within the team; continuous-integration, test and deployment automation, and team autonomy to name just a few examples.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience developing high-performance & scalable web services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with at least one compiled programming language (Go, C++, C# or similar).
- Significant experience building and maintaining production grade systems on at least one major public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP or similar).
- Experience working with popular game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a plus.
- Experience leading software teams and mentoring other software developers.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience defining a technical strategy based on business objectives.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
We’re unleashing interactive 3D experiences to any device, anywhere in the world. When we started doing this fifteen years ago, we were focused on healthcare and helping doctors securely share 3D medical images.
We’ve since expanded our scope to other industries, like real-estate, construction, engineering, entertainment, automotive, and consumer goods. Through our scalable cloud streaming platform, we empower companies to invite stakeholders as well as customers to experience immersive and interactive 3D online.
Now, our rigorously tried and tested distribution platform helps us serve as a partner and industry leader when it comes to online distribution of digital twins, product configurators, virtual events, remote home tours, training simulations, and more.
Visit PureWeb.com for more information.
Why You’ll Love it Here:
- Be a key influencer and driver in bringing to market ground-breaking technology that’s at the forefront of deploying interactive streaming experiences to the browser
- Fast-paced, performance-driven culture
If this Senior Software Developer position sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Senior Software Developer in the subject line.
As part of this position, PureWeb may apply to various government funding wage subsidy programs, including but not limited to Alberta Jobs Now (AB residents) and Digital Skills for Youth (BC residents).