We are looking for multiple highly motivated, team-oriented Senior Software Developers. Are you passionate about producing high-quality products, have an innate desire for continual learning and a flair for finding creative ways of solving the challenges of developing products that leverage a wide stack of technologies?
The Senior Software Developer position involves hands-on software development and leading teams and projects.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated, possess excellent judgment and have a flair for finding creative ways of solving hard problems. Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success in leading software teams, as well as delivering new features and products. Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team is a plus.
What You’ll Be Working On
At PureWeb, we build a number of products, including PureWeb Reality (https://www.pureweb.com/reality), PureWeb Spaces (https://www.pureweb.com/spaces), and ResolutionMD (https://www.pureweb.com/resolutionmd). However, underpinning all of our products is a foundational layer of mission critical software that makes everything possible. One of these foundational components is the PureWeb streaming SDK, a toolkit that enables the remote rendering of graphically intensive applications in cloud and server environments. As a member of the PureWeb SDK team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core features. The work will involve important design and code contributions to our next-generation streaming SDK, as well as platform support and bug fixes in our current-generation streaming SDK. You will work with other development teams in the company consuming your work, understand their requirements and help them get the most out of the tools and code you write. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- Provide leadership for the development team and mentorship for junior team members.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key product features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Collaborate with product management team to envision and scope sustainable technology solutions to meet future business requirements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years experience developing high-performance & scalable web applications.
- Strong understanding of web browser capabilities.
- Experience with video compression standards, especially H.264 is a plus.
- Experience working with WebRTC is a major plus.
- Experience leading software teams and mentoring other software developers.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience defining the technical strategy to meet long-term business objectives.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
If this senior developer role sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to email@example.com