Full-time, remote within Canada, optionally in-person in Calgary or Vancouver.
PureWeb is looking for a leadership oriented Senior Software Developer to help take our interactive game streaming platform, PureWeb Reality, to the next level. Do you love hard problems around cloud-scalability and performance? Are you excited about working in and enhancing DevOps culture? Then you might be a great fit for our team!
Reporting to the Technical Team Manager for PureWeb Reality (or their surrogate), the Senior Software Developer position involves hands-on software development. The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated, possess excellent judgment and have a flair for finding creative ways of solving hard problems. Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team is a plus.
What You’ll Be Working On
PureWeb Reality is a fully-managed elastic cloud-based publication and streaming platform for games built on the Unreal and Unity game engines. As a member of the PureWeb Reality team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of backend product features. The work will range from building systems for managing rendering services across multiple cloud providers, to microservice development to support our backend service mesh. You will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Some of our favourite tools and technologies include Go, Terraform, and everything AWS. If you’re an expert in these areas, or are excited to become one, we want to hear from you.
- Provide leadership for the development team and mentorship for junior team members.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key product features.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to envision and scope sustainable technology solutions to meet future business requirements.
- Implement and champion DevOps culture within the team; continuous-integration, test and deployment automation, and team autonomy to name just a few examples.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience developing high-performance & scalable web services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with at least one compiled programming language (Go, C++, C# or similar).
- Significant experience building and maintaining production grade systems on at least one major public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP or similar).
- Experience working with popular game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a plus.
- Experience leading software teams and mentoring other software developers.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience defining a technical strategy based on business objectives.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
We’re unleashing interactive 3D applications to any device, anywhere in the world. When we started doing this fifteen years ago, we were laser focused on healthcare and helping doctors securely share 3D medical images.
We’ve since expanded our scope to other industries, like automotive, manufacturing, AEC, and more, but we’re incredibly grateful for where we started. Serving the healthcare industry fused important traits into our company’s DNA: respect for high quality 3D graphics, a commitment to data security, and a focus on creating a globally reliable and accessible streaming service.
The result is a rigorously tried and tested distribution platform designed to help companies across industries collaborate, publish, and engage global audiences with their interactive 3D applications. We’re entering a new stage of enterprise streaming technology, where realistic, immersive, and interactive experiences will take center stage - in e-commerce, in online learning, in customer support, and beyond.
The worlds of high-fidelity 3D graphics and cloud computing are colliding, and we’re building the tools to help today’s creators and innovators make the most of it.
Why You’ll Love it Here:
- Be a key influencer and driver in bringing to market ground-breaking technology that’s at the forefront of deploying interactive streaming experiences to the browser
- Fast-paced, performance-driven culture
If this Senior Software Developer position sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to email@example.com, with Senior Software Developer in the subject line.
As part of this position, PureWeb may apply to various government funding wage subsidy programs, including but not limited to Alberta Jobs Now (AB residents) and Digital Skills for Youth (BC residents).