We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented Senior DevOps Analyst. Are you passionate about producing high-quality products? Do you have an innate desire for continuous learning and continuous deployment? Do you possess a flair for finding creative ways of solving the challenges of building modern web-services on the latest AWS offerings? Then you might be a great fit for our team!
The Senior DevOps Analyst position involves hands-on software development, leadership projects related to cloud infrastructure, code-pipelines, tooling and automation, as well as acting as a champion of DevOps best practices throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated, possess excellent judgment.
What You’ll Be Working On
At PureWeb, we are building a two cloud-native platforms: PureWeb Reality (https://www.pureweb.com/reality), a real-time interactive cloud streaming service, and PureWeb Spaces (https://www.pureweb.com/spaces) a service mesh enabling real-time collaboration and enhanced application workflows. As our customer-base grows and the demands on these platforms increase, it is critical that our services are capable of delivering high-up-time, while simultaneously enabling low-friction deployment pipelines for teams working to get their latest features into the hands of users.
- Designing and building tools and systems that enable low-friction code deployment for multiple cloud products.
- Building and maintaining docker containers for platform microservices.
- Improving platform reliability, performance, cost-efficiency and operational security through the application of DevOps best-practices.
- Maintaining an awareness of the latest industry trends and best practices in DevOps and cloud computing, and figuring out how to sensibly incorporate these practices into our organization where appropriate.
- Working with other Agile team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Collaborating with product management team to envision and scope sustainable technology solutions to meet future business requirements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of software development, operations, or DevOps experience.
- 5+ years experience developing, deploying and managing high-performance, scalable web applications on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Proficiency in both Linux (Bash) and Windows (PowerShell) environments.
- Experience monitoring applications, services and infrastructure using tools such as DataDog or Splunk, as well as infrastructure deployment using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or Cloud Formation Templates is a major asset.
- Familiarity with micro-service and serverless system architectures is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a multi-disciplinary development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
If this senior developer role sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a cover letter/message to firstname.lastname@example.org